Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Spaghetti and Meat (Sausage) Sauce

It's been a hectic few days and I haven't been able to cook like I would like to. Our water heater died and we had to take cold showers (for 1 day and it was horrible). We had a funeral to attend (and those are never fun). We finally were able to settle down and I made Mr. P's favorite last night, Spaghetti and Meat Sauce! My secret is: I don't make the sauce from scratch *hangs head*. I don't have the time and I'm not Italian!


Spaghetti & Meat Sauce
*Yield: more than plenty for 2 people
Time: 30 minutes, including prep
1/2 box spaghetti (any brand)
1 bottle spaghetti sauce (prefer Prego, but anything works)
1 roll sausage (I used Farmer's Pride)
Add-ins (chopped onion, sliced mushrooms, diced green peppers) Whatever your family prefers
Italian Spices (Mrs. Dash has a great Italian Medley)
1.) Brown sausage in skillet until cooked through. Drain fat. 
2.) Bring salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and boil for approx 8 minutes (or until desired doneness).
3.) Depending on your tastes, saute veggies or add them directly to sausage skillet. Add jar of sauce. Season with spices to taste.
4.) Let sauce mixture simmer for about 20 minutes on med-low heat.
5.) Drain pasta. Add sauce mixture to pasta and mix.
**Serve with side of garlic toast and tossed salad.




3 comments:

  1. Your Spaghetti and Meat Sauce looks so good. Thank you for sharing and you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually use my nana's spaghetti recipe, but I am going to try yours. I am your newest follower. Have a great day! !Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE spaghetti. we have to make it with the elk and deer filling the freezer now.

    ReplyDelete