Friday, January 7, 2011

What's ALWAYS in my kitchen

This week has been busy and I haven't gotten to blog like I would like. This weekend I'm in baker mode and baking an over the hill birthday cake. I will take pictures and document the event. Today I wanted to share what are my kitchen MUST HAVES. In the past I have blogged about a well-stocked kitchen. I'm just adding on to that.
How many times have you heard Rachel Ray say EVOO? You need Extra-Virgin Olive Oil in your kitchen! You saute onions, garlic, peppers, meat, anything and it's a quality oil that gives flavor to the food in the pan. Minced garlic is a convenience food I gladly hand over my hard earned money for. All you need is a spoon to have finely chopped garlic added to any dish. The garlic comes pre-minced and they do a great job of having a uniformly diced product. More accurately than my knife skills allow. A quality Balsamic Vinegar is a must! Don't buy the $5 special. I urge you to spend the extra money, it actually does make a difference.

2 comments:

  1. Those are all excellent must-haves, I always have minced garlic and extra-virgin olive oil. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. minced garlic, i'll put it on my list. can't wait to see the over the hill cake!

    ReplyDelete