Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cookin' in the Kitchen with Pictures!

Last night I got the crafty baking/cooking bug and really wanted to make something, so I made an attempt at Tuna Melt Pie. It was more or less Tuna Quiche and it was so good. Not super filling, but yummy all the same. So I thought this would be a good opportunity to share with my bloggy friends and try out a recipe. Next time, I will pick a recipe that doesn't look so gross when making it. :/ I took pictures through the entire process and the dogs kept getting in the way. Also before I start I'm going to share that last night was the last time I would ever have to use these appliances!!! (When was this color even in style?)

Mr. P got new ones a couple days ago from his cousin. I am beyond excited. Every one of the appliances are minimum 5-10 years older than I am. 
Anways, here's the picture of what I wanted to make.


Ingredients:

  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 large onion, finely chopped
  • 6 ounces mushrooms, chopped (I used canned)
  • Four 5-ounce cans tuna, drained
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted

 **I did a half recipe for me and Mr. P**

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 450°. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they’ve released and absorbed most of their juices, about 5 minutes.

  2. In a large bowl, combine the tuna and mayonnaise, breaking up the tuna. Stir in the onion mushroom mixture, then stir in two-thirds of the cheese.



  3. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, flour and butter; stir into the tuna mixture. Transfer to a 10-inch deep-dish pie pan and bake until browned, about 35 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and broil until the cheese has melted.


    I obviously went overboard with the pictures, but it was fun. I definitely want to bake something this weekend :) Tonight will be my costco trip with Mr. P. And I'm collecting things for Cookie's Birthday! Here is what I have so far.


    Hehehehe, I snapped this while she was waiting for her daddy (Mr. P) to get home from work. We have to cover the couch with blankets because the dogs shed so bad :( That was my night.


    Recipe



Obviously MARvelous

7 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the blog hop. Looks delish!! :) Thanks for the recipe and photos.

    Dawn @ Mom-a-Logues
    http://www.mom-a-logues.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. following you from thirsty thursday:) you can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Tuna Melt Pie? I gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!! I have enjoyed the posts that I have read so far! I can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for coming to visit me -- returning the follow ... :) Where are you in Michigan? I'm in Ann Arbor ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi there! found ya on thirsty thurs link up.

    you can find me at http://lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com

    happy thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Mary I'm in the metro-Detroit area

    Thanks all you girls for following!

    ReplyDelete