Mr. P got new ones a couple days ago from his cousin. I am beyond excited. Every one of the appliances are minimum 5-10 years older than I am.
Anways, here's the picture of what I wanted to make.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 ounces mushrooms, chopped (I used canned)
- Four 5-ounce cans tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
**I did a half recipe for me and Mr. P**
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they’ve released and absorbed most of their juices, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna and mayonnaise, breaking up the tuna. Stir in the onion mushroom mixture, then stir in two-thirds of the cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, flour and butter; stir into the tuna mixture. Transfer to a 10-inch deep-dish pie pan and bake until browned, about 35 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and broil until the cheese has melted.
I obviously went overboard with the pictures, but it was fun. I definitely want to bake something this weekend :) Tonight will be my costco trip with Mr. P. And I'm collecting things for Cookie's Birthday! Here is what I have so far.
Hehehehe, I snapped this while she was waiting for her daddy (Mr. P) to get home from work. We have to cover the couch with blankets because the dogs shed so bad :( That was my night.