Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Craft Attempt (Candy Corn Tree)

So a few days ago I came across a Candy Corn Tree craft here on Lolly Jane Boutique's blog. I loved it and figured it was a cute idea and something simple I could use for decoration around the house. In case you didn't know, Halloween is my favorite holiday, but I'm not allowed to put holes in anything :( So here are the step-by-step instructions. It turned out quite well if I do say so myself :)
Gather supplies, you will need a pot or vase with foam, glue gun, branches, candy corn and sticks. (All I bought was the candy corn! Everything else was lying around the house)
Shove Push branches into foam in shape of "tree".
Hot glue candy corn pieces to ends of branches to resemble leaves. Cover green foam with additional candy corn pieces.
I did this outside while the dogs were chewing on my discarded branches.
Oh, and I picked up my box from the post office :) 10 books for $12 shipped off ebay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment