Monday, September 27, 2010

Easy Yummy Mushroom Pork Chops!

I make this recipe at least once per week and Mr. P loves it. Sometimes I'm known to throw it all in the crockpot, set it on low and let it cook! I made this in the oven yesterday while my kitchen was being put back together  (i.e. I got to sit on the couch and watch house hunters while the boys did all the heavy lifting). I came across the recipe online over a year ago and tweaked it to meet mine and Mr. P's tastes and lifestyle. Sometimes I make stuffing to top it with, other times the gravy itself is delicioso. So here is my guestimated recipe. Enjoy!

Gather ingredients, you will need:
2 pork chops (there is enough gravy for 4)
1 can mushroom soup (condensed, I used golden mushroom last night)
1/2 c. milk
salt & pepper to taste
Extra mushrooms (fresh or canned), optional
Stuffing, optional

Preheat oven to 350-375 degrees (depends on oven). Season pork chops to taste with salt & pepper. In bowl, combine mushroom soup and milk, whisk together. Add additional mushrooms if desired.  
Place pork chops on bottom of dish, pour mushroom mixture over pork chops. 

Bake for 1 hour, or until internal temperature of pork chops reaches 155 degrees F. If you would like to add the stuffing, prepare as directed on box and top pork chops when plating. Simple and scrumptious!

I made pepper jack mac & cheese. It didn't turn out exact because I tend to read the recipe as I go and oops! You were supposed to divide the cheese and I just added it all at the same time. Still turned out yummy!

1 comment:

  1. ok, i totally needed to see this, lol. i have the same few things i make, and i was going to do porkchops. i don't know why i forgot about pork chops and gravy in the crockpot. with onions, maybe, and potatoes? can you do that, you can right? it'd be sort of like stew? yours looks yum!

    ReplyDelete