Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas is almost here! Peppermint Whoopie Pies Recipe


I can't believe it's almost Christmas. With so much going on and preparing, I didn't realize that this is it! I'm glad to have my shopping done. I have a Peppermint Cheesecake to make and that's about it! My schedule for the holidays gets complicated because we have so many people to visit. My parents are divorced, as well as Mr. P's. Of course, each part of the family holds their own "traditional party". I can't wait to have kids and use them as my reason to stay home!

Thursday: We will celebrate with my niece, my mom and my grandpa. She will get to open the gifts from us and we'll have dinner and dessert. Of course, Mr. P and I will be late because of his job, but we'll get there and I don't work the next day! Mercedes will go with us, but Cookie will have to stay home.

Friday (Christmas Eve):  Mr. P works until 5pm :( I will hang out with the dogs, catch up on the DVR and bake my cheesecake because I wait until the last minute. We will head to my aunt and uncle's by 6 and get home by 9.

Saturday (Christmas): No work! We will sleep in until 10. Have our coffee, exchange gifts. Let the dogs open theirs :) Then head to Mr. P's dad's (still in pjs) with both dogs! Exchange gifts with him, BIL and SIL. Then go home and get ready for family party. Head to Mr. P's Grandma's by noon, no dogs allowed. Open presents and head home for movie day! There is an additional Christmas dinner we are skipping this year. I'm almost positive Mr. P will weasel his way into trying to go, but I'm going home.

Sunday: Mr. P works extra for extended after Christmas Sale. I will probably go to my dad's alone, with Mercedes to give my little brother and sister gifts. Be home in time for dinner and head to work Monday.

We already held the adult gift exchange for Mr. P's family where only 1 kid showed up. It was a horrible turn out and I hope they cancel it next year. It's really pointless for a $20 gift. I got the best one (IMO), but all the guys exchanged gift cards to home depot and lowe's. I will still have random dinners to attend and I'm not sure when us girls are getting together to exchange gifts. I'm thankful mine and Mr. P's family have separate traditions and we're able to spend both days together.

Here's the Recipe I promised! They are simple, I promise :)

Peppermint Whoopie Pies


Ingredients 
  1. Preheat oven to 375 ºF. Grease cookie sheet.
  2. Combine brownie mix, egg, water and oil in large bowl. Stir until well blended and soft dough forms. Drop by level measuring tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet.
  3. Bake at 375 ºF. for 7 to 8 minutes or until cookies are set in center. Do not over bake. Cool for 1 minute before removing to cooling rack. Cool completely before assembling.
  4. Spread frosting on half the cookies. Top each frosted cookie with another cookie. Gently press together.
    5. Roll edges of cookies in crushed peppermint so it sticks to cookies.

1 comment:

  1. that sounds complicated-the gatherings, not the recipe. the recipe sounds surprisingly easy!

    we go to s's parents for dinner xmas eve, his sister's xmas morning, my step family's for xmas dinner, and sunday we have s's aunts for a family party. thank goodness chanukah was early this year or it'd be a lot more running around!

    ReplyDelete