Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Goals for 2011!

I've decided to post my goals for the upcoming year, and with 3 days to spare!! These goals aren't just a new year tradition, but a way to improve my quality of life :) Sound good?
  • Blog purposefully - I want to limit my posts to specific subjects. Mostly baking and cooking, it's nice to blog about my life, but not the main reason I started the blog. I want to connect with other bloggers that share the same interests I do.
  • Learn to say "No" - I am a people-pleaser and need to learn to tell people No, instead of burning all of energy making everyone else happy. Going to every party or doing favors for everyone else is nice, but won't help me feel better about myself.
  • Create balance between work & school - Working part-time and school part-time is manageable for me, but over-extending myself at either will make the other suffer.
  • Create one cake a month (and post it!) - 1 cake per month, birthday, wedding, anniversary, anything. Keep my skills up to date and developing.
  • Get my body "baby ready" - Monitor my sugar more closely, aim for <6 A1C, get my medications straightened out, get more rest, religiously take my daily vitamin and hit the gym 2x weekly (at least!)
  • Take a real vacation 
Am I taking on alot? I think this is a realistic list of goals. What are your resolutions or life improvements for the upcoming year?







Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love your resolutions. Last year I resolved to say no and blog purposefully, I achieved both and feel so much better for it. It easy to blog purposefully when you plan and write your posts ahead of time. Try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a people-pleaser trying to develop some assertiveness. Best of luck! :)

    I found you via FMBT and am your newest follower Rae T. I'd love if you could follow me back at http://contest-for-that.blogspot.com

    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete