Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thank you all for the support from my post yesterday :) I'm feeling better and more calm today, so hopefully that gives me better energy throughout the day.
I'm planning on baking snowballs for my guys at work. I figure 3-4 in a bag, tied with a pretty ribbon will be their "treat" from me this year. I also need to finish wrapping the last of my gifts, clean up the kitchen and prep my dinner for tomorrow. Tonight we are having corned beef ruebens from the crockpot.Tomorrow will be Cheeseburger Meatloaf with Bacon Gravy, how can you go wrong? I'm going to make it in the crockpot and let it sit until tomorrow night :) We never have gravy at our house (seriously, the calories are horrible) so this will be such a treat for Mr. P. I am also needing to make Peppermint Whoopie Pies for the bake sale this weekend. Oh it just turned into a very busy night, but fun!
Here's the recipe for our dinner tomorrow.

Cheeseburger Meatloaf

Ingredients

  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 3/4 cup uncooked regular oats
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 Tbsp. minced onion
  • 1 large egg
  • 6 strips of bacon, cooked, and crumbled
  • 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; stir just until blended.
  3. Shape mixture into a loaf and place in an ungreased 8×4-inch loaf pan.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 mins until meat is no longer pink in the center.
  5. Let stand for 10 minutes.  Drain grease, cut and serve.

Mashed Potatoes with Bacon Gravy

Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients

  • 2.5-3-lbs baking potatoes (such as russet or Yukon gold), peeled, if desired, and quartered
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2-3 Tbls. butter or margarine
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk

Instructions

  1. In a large pot cook potatoes, covered, in enough boiling water to cover and the 1 teaspoon salt for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender; drain.
  2. Mash with potato masher, fork or beat with an electric mixer on low speed.
  3. Add butter, the 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
  4. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
  5. Gradually beat in enough milk to make mixture light and fluffy.
Bacon Gravy

Ingredients

  • 3-4 pieces of bacon
  • 1/2 cup of heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • Pork broth or water (I make my own pork bone broth)

Instructions

  1. Cook bacon until crispy.  Remove crumble and return to pan.
  2. Stir in flour and about 1.5 cups of broth or water.
  3. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
  4. Add cream whisk until fully combined.
  5. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
  6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Both recipes by Domestic Dame

My mouth is watering typing this :)

1 comment:

  1. You blog makes me so hungry! LOL
    But thanks for the tip about the lemon.
    I could probably do that, but I'm paranoid that it wouldn't be a real fast if I start doing things to make it easier. I know this one lady was fasting and she got really hungry and tired on day 16 and decided she would allow herself to have some soup. Then soup turned into eating 3 times a week and fasting the 4 days. Before you know it she had given up. So, I'm avoiding taking special additives like drinking tea (which some people do) or adding lemon to the water, etc. But thanks for the tip! :-)

    ReplyDelete