Thursday, November 4, 2010

I'm in a funk :(





The Two Savvy Sisters


Obviously MARvelous



I am stuck in some parallel universe where I can not shake this funk. Everything is making me cranky or pissy or makes me feel pms'y (yes, I'm aware I made up a word!). It has started to feel like everyone else in my life has great news to share: engagements, babies, moving, ANYTHING. I feel like I am standing still and when I get news it makes me upset or even envious.
I hate not feeling thankful for what I do have. I have my two little pups that I love, but I want a baby. I have my wonderful boyfriend, but I want a husband. I have a gorgeous house, but I want a new kitchen. I love my car, but I wish it were newer. I feel like a brat throwing a tantrum.
 via
I know there are people out there completely worse off from where I am. I think of where I was 3 years ago and I'm proud to be alive. I was still depressed from losing my son (which I still carry around on my heart), newly widowed and just plain depressed. Lately it's been feeling like I'm slipping back into a huge depression and I'm not sure why. My friends are passing me by and I'm left on the sidelines being upset. I used to have such a zest for life and now it takes everything I have to get out of bed each morning.
 via
I don't expect anyone else to understand. This is my blog where I share how I'm feeling without being judged. I'm sorry to be such a downer, but I need to purge my mind and hopefully gain some clarity from this.

9 comments:

  1. I am a new follower from the BOB hop. Do not apologize for your feelings and I hope blogging (journaling) will help you. I do not know the devastation you experienced but from your post I could feel your pain. Hang in there and I will follow your progress.

    On a lighter side, I wish I had a chip to dip into your button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement. I started this blog to share my feelings and that is what I'm doing. I hate being pessimistic though. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're feeling so blue (& that your dog ate your coupon book.)

    I don't know what I could say that wouldn't sound trite right now, but I'm sending you a big virtual hug!

    Ruth
    living well, spending less

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following from the blog hop. Please come check out my blog when you get a chance!
    http://publixcouponqueen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!

    I'm your newest follower and would love for you to stop by and follow me back!

    Don't forget to enter my giveaways while you're there!

    Cheers from Being Frugal & Making It Work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI!~ I have battled depression for years. It is horrible and so hard for anyone to understand! Be strong! Thanks for linking up at Traveling Through Thursday! I am now following you. Hope you feel better every day! ~Heather www.livingonloveandcents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm a new follower from the Think of Me Thursday Hop. I really like your blog and I hope you like mine too!

    Liz

    www.ablogwithnopurpose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here from the bloghop.
    I'm a new follower. Please follow back
    Tiffany
    http://tiffspixiedust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete