Monday, November 1, 2010

Book Review: Intervention by Terri Blackstock

Another book? Ok, I promise to go out and get a life soon. I read this book over a 2-day span and overall it was decent. It's about a 40-ish widow, that has 2 children. Her 18 year old daughter, Emily, is an addict so she hires an interventionist to take her to rehab. The police find the interventionist dead in her car at the airport and Emily has disappeared. Interesting, right?
The plot sounded interesting, but you have to have an active imagination for this book to play out the way it does. There seemed to be too many coincidences throughout the book. If one detail had been different, anywhere in the book, the book wouldn't have made sense. There was also a lot of religious talk that I didn't expect from the summary of the book. I knew the 12 steps would be mentioned, but past that God became part of the book.
I would not recommend this book to others. It didn't grab me or keep me intrigued. About halfway through the book I just wanted to quit, but I was invested to find out what had actually happened.

Is anyone enjoying these book reviews? If not, I don't have to keep doing them.

"What is the one bookish thing you would love to have, no matter the cost?"
My answer: A window seat :) I'm simple

Book Blogger Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment