Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday already? Bad Groomer! Sign Tutorial

Weekends never last long enough it seems. Who's idea was it for us to have to work 5 days out of the week and only get 2 days off? I would be much more productive if it was the other way around.
I spent most of the weekend trying to catch up on everything that needed to be done; it didn't happen. I managed to make my sister in law her cake. Nothing too crazy, but she loved it anyways :)
I actually used purple and pink fondant, but it looks more blue in the picture so sort of looks like a baby shower cake :( I wasn't able to work on my mom's because it would dry out by next weekend.
Mercedes got her first grooming! She looks like a different dog and oh so cute! Mr. P shops price on everything, EVERYTHING. Belive, me I love saving money but he will call every store in MI and find out the cheapest place is the first one he called, more often than not. He found me a grooming place down the road from us that said it would cost $35-45 and it would take about 3 hours. I dropped her off at said groomer's @ 9:45am for her 10am appointment. I ran errands, baked the above cake and returned home. Poor cookie acted like her heart was broken since her best friend wasn't there chewing on her ears :(

Around 1:30 I still hadn't heard from the groomers. I called, they said they were running about an hour behind to call in an hour or they would call when she was done. 2:30 comes and goes without a phone call. By 3pm I had convinced myself they were stealing my dog. I drove the 2 miles up the street to where my dog was being held against her will made pretty. I arrived and she was STILL not done. I yelled at the girl at the counter that 5 hours was unacceptable, the groomer came out and said not to worry they had too many walk-ins today. Walk-ins? I was told I absolutely HAD to have an appointment or Mercedes would not be groomed?!?! How could they put these walk-ins in priority over my sweet adorable shaggy mop of a dog? They charged me $38. As soon as I swiped my visa I grabbed Mercedes and ran her to the dog run. Poor dog had been crated for 5 hours and was so relieved to tinkle. She jumped in my jeep and home we went where Cookie was the happiest Big Sister :) I will not be going there again and full intend to make a formal complaint today.

I was also able to finish my sign yesterday morning. It took me maybe 20 minutes. The weather was nice so while the dogs ran around in my back yard, I got to work with my paint pen :)

 As you can see, I made these up and decorated accordingly. It was super simple. Here's the final product.

Sorry the picture is blurry but the top sign says Ghost Town (with a lil ghost pic), then Witch's Warf, Skull Cave and finally Bat Alley. Then you just nail them to the stake. I can't wait to put this out front!